Sunday, February 12, 2017

Marbled


How was your weekend? I had a delightful one, one where I taught my boys a bit about cleaning and cooking...here's to hoping they remember what I've taught and can help more in the future.


I'm playing along with the intriguing challenge over at Winnie & Walter's Gossip Column with Taheerah Atchia No. 6: Marbling. I attempted a marbling technique by filling a cake pan with 1/2" inch of clean water and then sprinkling a mix of blue and purple hued Color Bursts. I laid some watercolor paper on top and let the colors mix.


I then cut the marbled paper into a container pot shape onto a white card base that was sprinkled with blue ink and added some succulent based flowers from Winnie & Walter's Addie's Garden Stamp Set

9 comments:

  1. Love, love, love! And I hope the boys keep up with the cleaning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the card. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant technique! I just love how you have layered the leaves so some are draping over the rim of the marbled pot. Have a fabulous day. Cheers Donna Z :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the marbled pot! Excellent contrast to the delicate flowers and the pretty green leaves! Nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Genius idea with the color burst! It looks awesome! I did the same technique but with nail polish...messy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun technique! I love that giant plant pot with the leaves spilling over the top. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, not seen a marbling technique with the Colour Bursts until I saw this - it worked so well! Thanks for spreading The Gossip on w&w's The Gossip Column!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! Must try this with color burst! I just tried some nail polish and didn't love how it turned out- or the smell!

    ReplyDelete