Monday, September 26, 2016

Owl Friend


You've got a friend in me, You've got a friend in me.
You've got troubles, and I've got  'em too.
There isn't anything I wouldn't do for you.
We stick together and can see it through.
'Cause you've got a friend in me.
You've got a friend in me." ~Randy Newman-Toy Story

I'm sneaking in to play along with the Little Tangles Challenge  #72-Sketch.


For the most part, I flipped the sketch on it's side and shaded an oval onto my woodgrain patterned paper with some ink. I stamped and colored (with a mixture of zigs and copics) one of the cute girls from Neat & Tangled's Better Together Stamp Set and used the coordinating dies to cut her out. I also stamped and die cut a sentiment from Neat & Tangled's Big Top Birthday Stamp Set and Dies

11 comments:

  1. OMGSH! You shaded an oval - this looks awesome! I was staring and it thinking "now HOW did she do that?!" So glad you explained! I can always count on new ideas from you! Thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen this is really sweet.. thanks for joining us at the Little Tangles Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo super cute, Karen! Thanks for joining us at Little Tangles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's taking the spotlight technique to the nth level. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute and I love the way you spotlighted her with the oval!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you included the oval on the patterned paper! Super sweet card, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you made that oval, Karen, and the stamped image is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great take on the sketch Karen, the subtle oval shape on the design paper was genius!

    ReplyDelete