Thursday, June 30, 2016

Texas Roses


I just had to make some yellow roses. There is a song that I once sung long ago for a 4H event, are you familiar with the chorus?:
She's the sweetest little rosebud That Texas ever knew, 


Her eyes are bright as diamonds, They sparkle like the dew; 
You may talk about your Clementine, And sing of Rosalee, 
But the YELLOW ROSE OF TEXAS Is the only girl for me.

Brings back good times!

This card is for the Winnie & Water Share the Love featuring Essentials by Ellen Day 3: Background Building Challenge. I stamped a series of solid image roses from Winnie & Walter's The Big, the Bold and Extras Stamp Set in two shades of yellow onto a white background panel. I then overstamped the outlined image with a pale green. I filled in large white areas with the small, solid leaf stamp in that same set, as well as some dots in the green and yellow shades.


I then stamped the solid image banner in yellow and the outline banner in green, and added a sentiment from Essentials by Ellen 12 Days Companion Greeting Stamp Set onto the outlined banner image. These were both fussy cut and layered. I adhered the panel to a white card base, but before doing so, I inked up 3/4" of the right side of the card with yellow ink and then added a strip of inked green paper. I adhered the banner sentiment to the card with foam adhesive on the left side and regular adhesive on the right side.

Pretty happy with the way this one turned out. I wasn't too sure as I was making all the elements separately, but I didn't give up. And, I tried new things too, which is always fun!

6 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, Karen! I love your stamped background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is GORGEOUS, Karen!!! Yellow is my favorite color so you know I totally adore this card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Karen..your stamping is impeccable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors for this design! So inviting and sweet! Perfect wedding design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how this turned out! Your inked accent panels really set off the beautifully stamped flowers and only using foam on one side of the banner adds a great dimension!

    ReplyDelete