Monday, May 30, 2016

Blue Roses


It's been a rainy Memorial Day Holiday Weekend and although I can't get my weeding done  (hoping to today!) I've been able to stamp away!

I was very inspired by Heather's Hydrangea Card for the Winnie & Walter Re-run Challenge #10, isn't it gorgeous?!


I didn't have the stamp set they were featuring, but instead decided to heat emboss images, color the images in the blue/purple shades and add a sprinkling of splatters in the background.


I stamped and heat embossed  in silver the roses, leaves, banner and custom sentiment from The Big, the Bold and Extras from Winnie&Walter onto Bristol Smooth Cardstock, colored them in with Zig Markers and fussy cut. I then drew three lines with a Versamarker, stamped some leaves and then heat embossed into silver onto a white cardstock panel. I finished the card by adhering the elements on top of my stem and leaf arrangement, some areas were heightened with foam adhesive.

To those who courageously gave their lives and those who bravely fight today...thank you!

10 comments:

  1. Those flowers are gorgeous, Karen - they almost look glossy! Gorgeous take on Heather's card (I love her style).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen what a beauty! I love your fabulous Zig colouring--love using Bristol too! The weeding can wait. Even if you get it done there will be more. Enjoy the holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the dimensions and embossing that you did! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The silver embossing with the blue flowers is just gorgeous, Karen, love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic design, those flowers are so beautiful Karen, it looks like the petals are marbled!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is so pretty Karen!! I love that banner and your pretty blue flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow this card is gorgeous.. love those flowers and how you colored them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card in blue, Karen! I love your take on Heather's card. Thank you so much for joining in on our Rerun Challenge.

    ReplyDelete