Saturday, January 23, 2016

One Layer So Sorry


I was in the process of cleaning and purging my crafty area, and I stumbled upon this long forgotten, but utterly beautiful retired Hero Arts Set, So Sorry. It is one of my few sympathy sets and I just can't let it go.


Even though this set is retired, I stopped cleaning (hah! it wasn't that difficult) and created a one layer card for A Blog Named Hero's One Layer Challenge. I started with a white cardstock base and masked strips off with washi tape. I then added a mixture of blue distress inks, removed the masks, and added more inks. Then came a few dots of water. After that was dry I stamped the vine in black, as well as the sentiment. I hope by adding some May Arts Black Burlap String doesn't disqualify the card from being one layer...I really like the texture it adds to the card.

I hope that I am not the only one that: 1. can't let certain, old stamp sets go and 2. gets distracted when cleaning a crafty area.

13 comments:

  1. What a BEAUTY! This is totally one layer! The shades of blue are gorgeous. I am also right there with you on those two things (and many more).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely card Karen. I always love a distressed background. I don't think I've seen one yet that I didn't like! LOL Just beautiful!
    It doesn't take much to distract me in the craft room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blue sponging Karen and that vine stamped in black is the perfect finish. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha... I should send you my latest before and after photos of my craft area-- wow, what a mess. Yeah, been there and gotten distraction. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I have certain sets I definitely hang onto forever...several of them are yours! Love, love, love this beauty. It's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful. Sympathy cards are a tough one...yours is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Love the blue inking! Thanks for joining us at A Blog Named Hero

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blue background looks fabulous, Karen!! I really LOVE this card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. aww this card is so sweet.. Sympathy cards are hard to make.. you rocked it

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect sympathy card, Karen! And I am totally with you on points 1 and 2. I am also in the process of cleaning out and organizing my craft studio, and it's taking me FOREVER!!! I have such a hard time parting with supplies and I'd be a thousand times happier just sitting down to create---so I have to do a lot of self-talk to keep grinding through it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you stopped your task because this is a stunner. Love the inked background and how the black leaves really pop off of it.

    Cleaning the crafting area is a treacherous task. I think if you don't get distracted and make a card then you're doing the cleaning wrong. Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete