Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Jelly Bracelets

The search for the birthday gift did not start off well. I have two little boys and am too old to remember what it was like to be turning 10 myself. I searched the store and finally found a fun beach towel-blue with green and white polka dots. I then noticed a girl about her age looking at some jelly bracelets...so I quickly grabbed some of those in green and blue (sheesh, I had those when I was little!). After thinking some more, I found some coordinating nail polish in green and blue too and then some headbands. Whoosh, I think I did ok--she seem pleased with the results!

After seeing Winter's post regarding a coordinating baby gift set, I was inspired to create a matching card for my gift too. I started with the blue card base cut a tad smaller than an A2 size, added the hand drawn circle element and strip of patterned paper. The sentiment is a sticker backed on white cardstock with a piece of black twill attached underneath. Easy!

Please come and join me at CAS-tastic Wednesday Challenge - Touch of Green! I'd love to see your creations with just the pop of green-make me envy you! This week's sponsor is Squigglefly! Check out the below links for some more fantastic creations:
Angie
Deb
Maylee
Agata
Barbara
Bonnie Rose
Regina

19 comments:

  1. Oh my I LOVE that you hand drew that circle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card! What a great birthday present package too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful bold and bright card.. I love how u used the SRM Stickers as the sentiment.. it's perfect! Quick and easy card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure the gift was a huge hit! The colors are very fun and the items you named are sure to please a 10 year old girl!! Your card is so happy! I love the circles and that the paper travels off the edge - - - excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card screams SUMMER!
    Love it!
    TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect touch of green! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, Karen! LOVE the turquoise with the green and the pops of black ... so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty and bold card! I have such a hard time buying gifts for kids unless they are the same age and gender as my own. I do not remember being 10! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the turquoise and green combo Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! Love the green and blue together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow! i absolutely LOVE this design, Karen! so modern and beautiful! fabulous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is great- the color combo is terrific, and I'm guessing she'll LOVE the whole ensemble! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this, the layout, the colors. It all works!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love coordinating gifts! What a fun idea! The card is great. I love SRM stickers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE this Karen...the colors are absolutely delish!!!! Sounds like you made thee perfect choices for birthday gifties:)

    Sooo thrilled to see that my card was picked up for CAS-tastic last week:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the vibrant colors on this card!
    So much fun to look at! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Karen love that green Paper...I have one with blue and purple color but the same Motiv...lovely and simply design of your card...I am joining already CAS-tastic Wednesday Challenge :) and thanks for leaving me some love :)

    would you mind to join our Blog Hop, we have a blog hop this week on DDSB here is a link from my Blog if maybe you like to see our Blog Hop..

    http://creativewithmonika.blogspot.com/2010/05/fist-blog-hop-on-digi-doodle-shops-best.html

    ReplyDelete