Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Check One



My mind was numb. I had just spent hours taking the test that would determine if or when I could get into the college of my choice. It was that kind of exam where you could enter with only two #2 pencils, sharpened beyond belief and by the time you were done, both of them would be worn down to the nib... It was that kind of exam were you could only fill in the little circle row after row and boy did I wish I could just make one big red check mark!

This card is...different but the same, then what I usually do. (I think I really like it!) I started with the mindset of using papers and a new ink pad that I've had for a very long time, scraps that were on my desk and a mixture of my favorite stamp sets and ones that haven't seen ink yet. I also had the layout at Get Sketchy in mind and the theme of "The Sky's the Limit" from the Wee Memories Challenge because rotated, the scallops reminded me of clouds. I honestly had fun just creating and not knowing where the final card would end up. My favorite part is the red check mark that was made with a hand cut mask and red chalk ink.




Supplies Used: Cardstock: White (Georgia Pacific) Patterned Paper: Plaid and Pink Polka Dots  from Just Chillin' (Making Memories) Green from The Boyfriend (Cosmo Cricket) Blue from The Cottage Collection (Creative Memories) Notebook Paper from Hopscotch Boy (K&C Company) Stamps: Clouds from Practicing Creativity Designs, Sentiment Panel (Inkadinkadoo) Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine) Lipstick Red Chalk (Colorbox) Other: White Gel Pen (Signo) Black Marker (Pilot) Black Snaps (unknown)

17 comments:

  1. I love that little checklist! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very sweet card! i love those clouds!! they are so cute! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweet card. yeah love that checklist too.. :) love the clouds against the checkered background :D

    Thanks for dropping by and leaving such sweet comments.. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card! I love the pink dots behind the checklist - and the checklist itself is neat! Your description of the test - wow! My hands started to sweat and everything. Have you thought about writing? You certainly do have a way with words! Not to take away from your genius with paper and ink! Oh My!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm shuddering a little with that test memory.... ;) I love this card though! I am always so impressed at how out-of-the box you can be with sketches- you amaze me!! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh thank goodness tests are in the past!! Super fun card! I like all the fun elements you put in :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card! It's totally a Get Sketchy kind of card! Awesome job with the sketch. How your card came about totally reminds me of that song/poem we sing as kids. Round and Round she goes, where she stops nobody knows. You stopped in a very nice place :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, this turned out sooo fabbie!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cringed at the thought of those tests again... I'm not someone who has the burning desire to go back to school. Just love this card, I really like the highlights on the clouds, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card! I love seeing anything with clouds on it. The banner inspiration is great. I love those things.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohh, I remember those test taking days! And I DON'T miss them at all... not one bit! haha!
    Super cute card! So creative! I especially love the white marks on the clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Soooo cute, Karen! Love your clouds and that adorable l'il checklist! Another fabulous creation, Kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet card! I love your centre piece, your hand cut mask has worked a treat!
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute THINKING of you card....woow what for a clever idea and the cloud with rainy is so cuuute...love your creation and leave again a comment on your FAB creation Karen...hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  15. fun card Karen- and by the way CONGRATS on the gallery idol thing!!! woo hooo!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This card is sooooo CUTE!!! Gotta love this!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this one Karen! Its a little bit different from your "usual" style but its super cute :)

    ReplyDelete