Monday, March 1, 2010

Relaxing During Retirement



Wouldn't it be nice to retire for the sole purpose of relaxing, dreaming, discovering and just...playing? I created this masculine retirement card for the Caardvarks latest challenge: Stuck on You. Tons of fabulous entries using stickers! The basis of the card stemmed from wanting to use this odd, but very intriguing hardware piece that I recently acquired. Thus, the masculine basis, then I found some patterned paper that invoked "retirement" (although I'm sad to say I'm a long way from it-I admire all the ladies that can craft and spend time with their grandbabies!) and catered my stickers towards that theme. I added the two eyelets to complete the visual triangle of the metal. On the focal sticker "play" I backed it with some coordinating paper and edged it with the same deco scissors, it sticks out a bit from the card.

Here's to retirement in 35 years!

Supplies Used: SU Very Vanilla Cardstock, K&C Company Hopscotch DSP, Making Memories Silver Metal Findings, SU Eyelets in Pewter, Twine, Bo Bunny Clear Stickers in Rambling Thoughts, Ranger Distress Ink in Walnut Stain, Fiskars Corner Rounder Punch, Fiskars Deco Scissors

8 comments:

  1. Love your "retirement" card.... so relaxing and sweet! PERFECT masculine card. Love that piece of hardware, too! You are so creative to incorporate all the elements into this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen this is such a fantastic card. I jealous of your masculine card making skills!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Karen! I've followed the link from Carly's blog where she was talking about personal style. I think you have a modern, electic style with a little twist of humour - really cool and trendy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card, Karen!! Love it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing Karen! Thanks for your nice comment on my blog! I'm going to go look around some more on yours, but this really made me go WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! I love that paper! I bought a box that now houses some of my craft supplies that looks like that paper. I need some of that! :) ha... I need some of everything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I REALLY LIKE THIS CARD! It's something about the colors and the design as a whole. It soothes me...TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card!! I love the way you tied the twine on the side and highlighted play with a different paper. Fabulous job!!

    ReplyDelete