Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Happy Together



Embellish Magazine has another interesting color challenge, with a twist as they always do. Purple, Kraft, Chocolate Brown...with Stripes. Seen as how I am not a purple person, and not really a stripe person, this cards was a challenge, and finding something in my stash was a no-go. So, I created the striped background on my computer, printed it on kraft, and attached it to the card after stamping the baroque in craft white to soften the harshness of the stripes. There is a border of chocolate chip surrounding the distressed panels. I also dyed the three white petals to match the stripes and topped those off with a chocolate pearl topped button. I added pearls here and there to add richness and a bit of femininity to the card. So Happy Together. My look was shabby chic, do you think I achieved it?

(If I have a bit of time this week, I'd like to try another go with this challenge using the leftover stripes from my printout in various shades of purple. I'm going to try the ever dreaded masculine card, wouldn't these elements be fantastic for men?)

Supplies Used: SU Kraft and Chocolate Chip Cardstock, SU Baroque Motifs Stamp Set, SU Craft White Ink, SU Chitchat Rubon, Pearls from various vendors, Silk Flower Petals, Fiskars Chocolate Button, Fiskars Corner Rounder Punch, SU Distressing Tool

7 comments:

  1. I literally gasped when I saw this card. OMGosh I love it. I cannot wait to see your masculine card using those stripes. GREAT job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE what you come up with for the Embellish challenge! Love the fine elements and pretty colors! Very inspiring! PS: thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your card came out awesome. I like the layout and how you layered the baroque motif over the stripes too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Karen! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very resourceful using your printer. Your card turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great design! Thanks for taking on an Embellish challenge!

    ReplyDelete