Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Gem Dog


Having visited each of the design team member's for the Jacksonbelle Blog Hop I was inspired by the many patterned papers most of them used in ONE card. Now its been a while since I have purchased a whole coordinating paper pack so I don't have any on hand, but still I wanted to stretch myself and try the same thing. I found two patterns in the colors for the Flourish's Timeless Tuesday Challenge (use black, yellow and a color of your choice) and used the Jacksonbelle Blog Hop sketch to create this modern (?) card. The dog stamp was a bit more intricate than I anticipated so working it with was a challenge as well. The gems on the dog are colored with pencils and then topped with crystal effects. I also wanted to keep the general card flat enough so that I don't have to pay for extra postage should I decide to mail it out.

Here's the Goods: Yellow and Black Cardstock, DCWV Patterned Paper, Me & My Big Ideas DPS, Inkadinkadoo Gem Stone Dogs Stamp Set, SU Birthday Best, Black Stazon Ink, SU Watercolor Pencils, Crystal Effects, Black Brads

4 comments:

  1. Karen - I love the bright blue as your third color choice!!! What a fun card!!! Thank you for playing with us!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, Oh my goodness, I love it! Especially the image and the colors that you picked for your card:) What a great card! Thanks for playing along with us at Jacksonbelle Embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those papers rock together ... I love the vibrant colors ... and that do is super-fun ... great card ... so glad you were inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is simply fabulous..such a striking color combo! Thanks fo playing with us over at Jacksonbelle!!!

    ReplyDelete